2009年8月16日日曜日

Second day of Vancouver

My last weekend in Canada was wonderful!! I had a precious experience there. We woke up at nine and had breakfast in our room. At ten o’clock we went to gas town. We terrified because of the homeless. In Japan the homeless are treated as there is nobody, but the homeless in Vancouver were very aggressive!! They talked to us and begged money. Of course, the homeless did not harm us but we felt scared so we run away as soon as possible.

We get back Robson Street and had a cup of coffee in STAR BUCKS and then took a walk, went shopping and had Japanese lunch!!!! It was soooooo nice. I missed Japanese food so I was really happy. J The most delicious food was MISO SOUP!!!!!!

In the ferry, I met Canadian family. They were very kind to us. They told us about culture in Canada. When Canadian go to elementary school, they can choose what language they learn. There are many choices for example Chinese, French, Korean, Japanese, and so on. The family had been to Japan and they said they love Japan. When I heard that I was very happy, I did not know exactly why. we said good-bye the family and we got back Victoria.

On the way to dormitory Manami and I talked with two men. One is from Saudi Arabia the other is from Brazil. They had worked in their countries and they came to Uvic to improve their English. We talked about soccer, culture, work(Brazil man worked in bank), religion and so on. There are many things that is new to me. I enjoyed talking with them.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿